NOW OPEN – Small Business COVID-19 Adaption Grant Program
The Government grant has been developed to support small businesses which were impacted by the COVID-19 shutdown restrictions. Directly aimed at small and micro businesses to assist with, the preparation of safe resumption of trading, assist with accessing digital technologies to rebuild business operations.
The grant program can also be used to up-skill or re-skill business owners and staff to benefit from new technologies, develop business diversification and to create employment.
The funding available is up to a maximum of $10,000 per eligible small or micro business. The grant funds can be used towards any of the following activities occurring from the 23rd March 2020 onwards, the project must be completed within a maximum 6 months from the date of approval.
Funding can be used towards the following;
- financial, legal or other professional advice to support business sustainability and diversification
- strategic planning, financial counselling or business coaching aligned to business development and diversification
- building the business through marketing and communications activities, for example, content development (web pages, mobile apps, visual and audio media etc.)
- digital/technological strategy development
- digital training or re-training to adapt to new business models
- capital costs associated with meeting COVID-19 SAFE requirements
- specialised digital equipment or business specific software to move business operations online (e.g. logistics program for online ordering)
- meeting business costs, including utilities, rent.
To be eligible for the grant the small and micro businesses must;
- have been subject to closure or highly impacted by the current shutdown restrictions
- demonstrate that business revenue has been significantly impacted since 23 March 2020
- employee staff and have fewer than 20 employees at time of application
- have a valid ABN & registered for GST
- have a Queensland headquarters
- have an annual turnover over $75,000 for the last financial year
- have a payroll of less than $1.3 million
- not be insolvent or have owners/directors that are an undischarged bankrupt.
If your small and micro business meets these eligibility criteria and would like assistance with applying for this grant, don’t delay applications will be processed on a ‘first come, first served’ basis.
Call Poole Group, we can assist you with the grant application process on 5437 9900. For more information about the grant, click on the links below.
Having been in the tech industry for over 14 years, Angie has seen all forms of technology evolve exponentially. Angie is part of Poole Group's Automation Projects team, developing their internal system to automate workflow and helping small businesses to implement Xero Apps.